Friday, October 21, 2016

Creativity and New Media

For my example of how new media fosters creativity, I took snapshots of my screen on my phone, while playing the game Clash of Clans. Clash of Clans is an app for both androids and apple devices; it is a strategy game that allows you to choose your army and invade other users' villages. This game allows for a lot of creativity in 1) how you choose to assemble your army for attacking 2) how you choose to defend your village based on the setup of your buildings and walls, and 3) your method of attacking the other villages.

<-- This is my first and current layout of my village. I purposely spread out my buildings in the shape of a square so that it would be more difficult for my opponents to reach the center while my defense towers are attacking their troops.
This is my second layout. As you can see, it differs from my first layout. This game allows you to save up to 3 base layouts and therefore, encourages you to be creative and create different bases in case one doesn't seem to be effective for too long.
 <-- This is my final layout. Although it is not as effective as the first two, I really like this one because it has a cool shape. For the record, I created all three of these layouts on my own. I like how the game gives make a chance to arrange the buildings and walls to my liking.
This is a quick glance of the different types of troops available that you need to train in order to compose your army for attacking. As you can see, there are various possibilities.
 <-- In addition to different troops for your army, you can also choose spells to help your army advance in battle. You can definitely be creative in the type of offense you create.
Lastly, here is a screenshot of the midst of a battle. There are endless ways someone can choose to attack a village. You can start from the side, corner, go straight for the center with air troops, drop poison spells, or a rage spell with golems, etc. Essentially, one of the main reasons why I enjoy playing this game is because it allows me to be creative in my strategies for defending and attacking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This game have changed so much. I used to play this game, but I was getting destroyed by other users invading my town hall. Your final layout looks tough to beat. I had a farming base the whole time so my Town hall was out there for people to destroy and i would get an active shield. Unlike you, I had to copy someone other users layout. I wish I had more time to invest in this game, but I gave up when I lost all my trophies.

    ReplyDelete